Your personal information
Your personal information includes all of the details you have given to us, your claims history, transactions and any information relating to your policy.
- We will not sell, rent or trade your data under any circumstances.
- We will not ask for more information than is necessary to process your insurance policy.
- The information you supply will be sent to us under secure conditions using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) with 128-bit encryption. It is not accessible to third parties in transit over the internet.
- All of the personal information you supply to us will be handled strictly in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- In order to set up and administer your policy, we may send it in confidence for processing to other companies acting on our instructions including those located outside the European Economic Area.
- Some of the details you may be asked to give us, such as information about offences or medical conditions, are defined by the Act as sensitive personal data. By providing us with such information, you signify your consent to its being processed by us in arranging and administering your insurance.
- You can ask to see the personal and sensitive data we hold about you. We will charge a fee of £10 for this service.
Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register
- Insurers pass information to the Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register which is run by Insurance Database Services Ltd (IDS Ltd). The aim is to help us to check the information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. When we deal with your request for insurance, we may search the register.
- When you tell us about an incident (such as fire, water damage or theft) which may or may not result in a claim, we will pass information about it to the register.
Use of your email address
- If you supply your email address to us during a general enquiry, we will only use it in relation to your enquiry.
- We will not add your details to a general marketing database or use your address for marketing purposes unless you have requested it by opting in to receive further information from us.
- If you have an electronic policy with us, we will use the email address you supply in order to communicate with you about your policy. There is no opt-out or unsubscribe option for these essential policy-related emails. You will still be able to unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- We never pass on or sell email addresses to other companies unless they are acting on our behalf in the administration of our business.
Log files and cookies
We use a log file to make a record of the pages you read during your visit so that we can see which parts of our site are used most regularly. The log file does not include any information which personally identifies you and is not stored on your computer at any time.
This website uses a temporary cookie which is a very simple text file that is downloaded to your browser when you enter the site.
The cookie contains only a session reference number which helps us to identify your session and login status throughout your visit. It does not give us any personal information about you and is automatically deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
How to contact us